GRANT payments to more than 650 businesses across Barrow are set to be completed by the end of April.
Payment runs are being undertaken by the authority daily to ensure promised government cash reaches eligible firms as quickly as possible.
Information supplied by businesses is being processed in order of receipt, with the final grants to businesses which have supplied the required information expected to be transferred on Tuesday, April 28 - arriving in accounts no later than Thursday, April 30.
However, with 1,301 businesses throughout the borough eligible for a one-off cash grant from the government, hundreds more businesses are entitled to funding announced as part of a package of measures to help those affected by the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
You should get in touch if you think you meet the criteria for a payment under one of the schemes listed below:
Please note, businesses which receive maximum rate relief may still be eligible for this funding.
- Small businesses which already receive Small Business Rate Relief or Rural Rate Relief can apply for a one off cash grant of
£10,000 to help with ongoing business costs, even if the relief is 100 per cent.
- Businesses operating in the hospitality, leisure or retail sector can apply for a one off cash grant of £25,000 if they have
a rateable value of between £15,000 and £51,000.
You will need to supply:
- Business rates account number
- Companies House number (where applicable)
- VAT number (where applicable)
- A copy of your most recent bank statement
A downloadable information form is available via the Covid-19 page. This can be returned by email to email@example.com
Alternatively, it can be printed and returned to: Business Support Grant, Barrow Borough Council, Town Hall, Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 2LD.