Feedback & Complaints

If you have a suggestion or comment about any of the Housing Department's services, we would like to hear from you.  We want to improve our service to all our customers by hearing what you have to say about the service.  Good or bad your opinion is important to us so we can continue to improve. 

Please let us have your feedback by:

  • emailing 
  • ringing us on (01229) 876523
  • or writing to Housing Department, Town Hall, Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 2LD.

Our Service Standards

We aim to treat everybody equally, whilst recognising the different needs of our customers.  Our Service Charter - Local Standards leaflet tells you what standards you can expect to receive from us.

Are you unhappy with the Council?

We aim to provide a quality service to all our customers.  However, there may be occasions when you are unhappy about something we have done or about a service which we provide.  If that’s the case, then please tell us about it so that we can examine the problem.  Where we are wrong, we will say so and attempt to resolve the matter as quickly as we can.  If we cannot resolve the problem to your satisfaction we will explain why.

Please get in touch with us

Please write or call in to: Housing Department, Town Hall, Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 2LD or email: or telephone (01229) 876578.

Please make a note of the person you speak to, in case you need to raise the matter again.  In most cases, it will be possible to deal with your complaint there and then, or to arrange action to resolve the problem.

Still Unhappy ... How to make a formal complaint

We aim to settle all complaints to your satisfaction when they are first raised.  However, if you feel unhappy about the action taken to resolve your complaint, you can make a formal complaint to the Council.  For further details of the various stages of the complaints process, please read our leaflet, Unhappy with the Housing Service?

A formal complaint must be made in writing - preferably using the Council's online Complaints Form or you can pick up a copy of the Complaints Form from the Housing Department or alternatively it can be downloaded feedback/complaints form.