NOTICE OF INTENTION
The Council has received a Notice of Intention to apply for a Zoo Licence from the Zoo Interest Company Ltd.
A copy of this Notice can be viewed here.
You’ll need a zoo licence if you’ll be displaying wild animals to the public for at least 7 days a year, in any place that’s not a circus or pet shop.
How To Apply
Write to us giving at least 2 months notice before applying.
You must give details about:
- where the zoo will be
- what kind of animals you’re going to keep and how many
- how you’ll house and care for the animals
- staff numbers and what they’ll be doing
- expected visitor and vehicle numbers
- zoo entrance and exit points
- how you’ll meet the conservation conditions
You must also:
- publish notice that you’re intending to apply in at least 1 local and 1 national newspaper
- display the notice at the planned zoo site
- send a copy to the council
Contact us to discuss your Notice of Intention or Application at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the application form, and return with the relevant supporting documents and application fee.
If you wish to pay online - Click here to make payment and quote payment reference on the application.