BARROW’s leisure centre will reopen to the public from Monday, April 12, after it was confirmed Stage 2 in the government’s roadmap out of lockdown will go ahead.
The gym and pool at Life Leisure Centre will welcome residents of the borough once more, after being closed since December.
Outdoor exercise classes will also resume.
A Barrow Borough Council spokesperson said: “We have been working hard with the operators of the leisure centre to ensure it can safely reopen in line with government guidance.
"We would ask anyone visiting to be mindful of the measures put in place for everyone’s safety and that they follow them at all times.
"Full details relating to the reopening can be found on the website lifeleisurebarrowpark.com"
Visitors to the leisure centre are being asked to take note of the following guidelines:
- Customers should wear a face mask in all circulation areas of the buildings. This includes reception, corridors, spectator areas and toilets. This does not include the gym, sports halls, studios, swimming pools or outdoor spaces, though you may still choose to wear one in these areas if they wish. Customers are asked to wear a mask whilst making their way to chosen activities or whilst waiting for a session to start.
- Hands should be sanitised upon arrival to the centre and cleaning stations used to wipe down equipment after use
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed
- Download the NHS Test & Trace app and scan the QR Code posters at entry points
- Book swim or outdoor exercise classes online prior to arriving at the centre
It is anticipated that indoor group exercise and a timetable of children's events will commence from May 17.
A decision is yet to be made on when the café and soft play area will reopen.
If the government’s roadmap out of lockdown progresses as planned, normal operations should be in place at the leisure centre by July.