NOTICE OF ELECTION WESTMORLAND AND FURNESS COUNCIL
The Notice of Election for the Old Barrow and Hindpool Ward of Westmorland and Furness Council has now been published.
Election of Councillor for the OLD BARROW AND HINDPOOL WARD NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
1. An election is to be held of ONE COUNCILLOR for the OLD BARROW AND HINDPOOL Ward of the Westmorland and Furness Council.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer at the address below between 10am and 4pm (excluding Bank Holidays), or from the Electoral Commission website.
3. Completed nomination papers, or delivery of notices of withdrawal of candidature, must be delivered by hand to the Returning Officer at the Town Hall, Duke Street, Barrow-inFurness on any working day from the date of this notice between the hours of 10 am and 4pm (excluding Bank Holidays) but by no later than 4pm on Tuesday 4 April 2023.
4. If an election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 4 May 2023 between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
5. Electors should take note that the following applications must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address stated below by the deadline if they are to be effective for this election:
- Applications to register to vote must be received by midnight on Monday 17 April 2023. Applications can be made on line at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- New applications to vote by post or amendments or cancellation of existing postal or proxy arrangements must be received by no later than 5pm Tuesday 18 April 2023.
- Applications for photo ID, the Voter Authority Certificate or an Anonymous Elector’s Document valid for this election, must be received by no later than 5pm Tuesday 25 April 2023. Applications can be made online at www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-to-vote.
- Applications to appoint a proxy must be received by no later than 5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2023.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy on the grounds of physical incapacity, for work/service reasons or for the absence of Voter ID after the deadline for proxy applications has past, must be received by no later than 5pm on Thursday 4 May 2023.
Application forms are available from Sam Plum, Returning Officer, Town Hall, Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness Telephone: 01229 876318 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org DATED 20 March 2023
Printed and Published by the Sam Plum Returning Officer, Town Hall, Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 2LD
You can also read this notice here