Tenants' Associations & Street Voices

street voice.png

What are they?

Street voices and tenants'/residents' associations and are a vital link between the local community and the council. They take up issues that can improve the community and estate environment.

Where are they?

Street Voices

Here are the Street Voices representing tenants and leaseholders and the streets they cover.

  • Street Voice for Raglan Court & Corporation Terrace  Mandy Anderson: 07514 417 606

  • Street Voice Grange & Cartmel Crescent James Christie: 07748 427 104
  • Street Voice for Roosegate Nicola Bull 07808 264 941  (Salthouse Road, Longway, Westway, Gateway, Broadway, Roose Road, Thrums Street)
  • Street Voice for Broughton Road Area Danny Green: 07999 462 934 or email:  Dannygreen.stv@googlemail.com  (Broughton Road, Hartington Street, Bridge House)
  • Street Voice for Lord Street Area in Dalton Irene Asbury: (01229) 468138  (Duke Street, Ainslie Dale, Napier Street, Victoria Street, Storey Square) 
  • Street Voice for Newton Road Area in Dalton David Pearson: (01229) 230019  (Buttermere Dr, Coniston Ave, Coronation Dr, Dalton Fields Ln, Ennerdale Cl, Eskdale Dr, Newton Rd, Ruskin Ave, Rydal Cl, Thirlmere Cl, Thornton Pk, Ullswater Cl, Windermere Cl)
  • Street Voice for Brathay Cres/Levens Terrace/Vulcan Rd Linda Craig: 07516 309 159

  • Street Voice for Eamont Close David Rollinson: email d.rollinson43@gmail.com
  • Street Voice for Devonshire Road Lisa Webb: (01229) 219787

If you're interested in becoming a street voice in an area which isn't already covered by a street voice, please read our booklet which gives information on the role of a street voice and what they do:  Street Voice booklet

Tenants' & Residents' Associations

There are currently the following tenants'/residents' associations within the Borough, constituted and recognised by the Council:

  • Ormsgill Youth & Community Association
  • North Walney Residents' Association
  • Devonshire Residents' & Tenants' Association

Setting up as a Tenants' Association

If there isn't an association in your area and you would like the opportunity to meet neighbours and new friends whilst making a valuable contribution to your community, why not start your own tenants' and residents' association? Start-up grants of £100 are available.  For more information on starting your own association, read our booklet Tenants & Residents' Association - How to get one started.

For more information

If you're interested in becoming a street voice or getting involved with one of these groups, or simply want a contact name and number for one of the groups, please ring us on (01229) 876523 or email: housing@barrowbc.gov.uk