What are they?
Street voices and tenants'/residents' associations and are a vital link between the local community and the council. They take up issues that can improve the community and estate environment.
Where are they?
Here are the Street Voices currently representing tenants and leaseholders:
Street Voice for Raglan Court & Corporation Terrace Mandy Anderson: 07514 417 606
- Street Voice Grange & Cartmel Crescent James Christie: 07748 427 104
- Street Voices for Lord Street Area in Dalton (including Duke Street, Ainslie Dale, Napier Street, Victoria Street and Storey Square): Jackie Scott: 07595 389 895 & Irene Asbury: (01229) 468138
- Street Voice for Newton Road Area in Dalton (including Buttermere Dr, Coniston Ave, Coronation Dr, Dalton Fields Ln, Ennerdale Cl, Eskdale Dr, Newton Rd, Ruskin Ave, Rydal Cl, Thirlmere Cl, Thornton Pk, Ullswater Cl, Windermere Cl): David Pearson: (01229) 230019
- Street Voice for Roosegate Nicola Bull 07808 264 941
Street Voice for Brathay Cres/Levens Terrace/Vulcan Rd Linda Craig: 07516 309 159
- Street Voice for Eamont Close David Rollinson: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Street Voice for Devonshire Road Lisa Webb: (01229) 219787
If you're interested in becoming a street voice in an area which isn't already covered by a street voice, please read our booklet which gives information on the role of a street voice and what they do: Street Voice booklet
Tenants' & Residents' Associations
There are currently the following tenants'/residents' associations within the Borough, constituted and recognised by the Council:
- Ormsgill Youth & Community Association
- North Walney Residents' Association
- Devonshire Residents' & Tenants' Association
Setting up as a Tenants' Association
If there isn't an association in your area and you would like the opportunity to meet neighbours and new friends whilst making a valuable contribution to your community, why not start your own tenants' and residents' association? Start-up grants of £100 are available. For more information on starting your own association, read our booklet Tenants & Residents' Association - How to get one started.
For more information
If you're interested in becoming a street voice or getting involved with one of these groups, or simply want a contact name and number for one of the groups, please ring us on (01229) 876523 or email: email@example.com