Home Contents Insurance Why do I need it? If you are a tenant who rents, then your landlord may not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement.

Why do I need it?

Your rent does not include contents insurance, so it’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Westmorland and Council have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies.

This pay-as-you-go home contents insurance scheme can be paid alongside your rent.  It can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments and also offers cover for damage to your home contents and belongings in the event of an escape of water.

How do I get further information?

For more details or to request an application form, call us on (01229) 876488 or email:

Westmorland & Furness Council in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our Privacy Policy: