Housing Improvement and Repair Grants available in Barrow-in-Furness
- Disabled Facilities Grants - Information about the Disabled Facilities Grants
- Minor Works Grants - Information regarding the Minor Works Grant
- Renovation Grants - Information about Renovation Grants
- Clusters of Empty Homes Fund - Bringing Empty Homes in Barrow Island back into use
Barrow Borough Council operates the following Grant Schemes:
- Disabled Facilities Grants are available for a range of work that will help a disabled person remain in their home.
- Minor Works Grants are to assist low income owner-occupied households to deal with urgent disrepair. These are currently suspended to ensure that sufficient funds are available for Disabled Facilities Grants.
- Renovation Grants are discretionary grants given to owner-occupiers in priority areas, where the home is deemed unfit. These are also currently suspended to ensure that sufficient funds are available for Disabled Facilities Grants.
The Council is required by The Regulatory Reform (Housing Assistance) (England and Wales) Order 2002 to set and publish a policy on the discretionary private sector housing assistance it will offer. This covers assistance in the form of, for example, grants or loans. The Council's current policy can be downloaded here.
Note that this document refers to Empty Property Loans and Grants, and Group Repair Grants. These grants and loans are allocated on a planned basis to priority areas, currently the North Central Renewal Area for Group Repair Grants, and Barrow Island Flats for Empty Property Loans and Grants. It is not possible to make individual applications for these forms of assistance.
Further information regarding Housing Grants can be obtained by using the contact details at the bottom of this page.