Street Lighting

How to report Street Lighting problems.


Maintenance of street lighting in the Borough of Barrow-in-Furness is carried out by Cumbria County Council. Link to the Cumbria CC web site for details of the Street Lighting service.

Broken street lights can be reported to the Cumbria Highways Hotline by:   

Please give an indication of the problem and the location of the street light. If possible please quote the Column Number that will be shown on the lamp post.

Information useful for locating the lamp is:

  • the nature of the problem (light out, light dim, light flickering, light on in day)
  • a building, landmark or house number nearest to the lamp
  • whether the lamp is to the front, side or rear of the property mentioned.
  • the road, area, town or village.